Being arrested is a very stressful situation, and you could be facing large fines along with prison time. In addition, you may be concerned about how much a criminal defense lawyer will cost you. Each case is different, and your lawyer’s work investigating your arrest and representing you in court can be unpredictable in the immediate aftermath of your arrest. However, it is certain that a skilled lawyer can not only help you keep your freedom and clear your name, but they can also help you reduce or eliminate large fines and keep your career intact.
Our team at Hessler Law has years of experience helping our clients fight for their rights after a criminal arrest. If you would like to know all the information about criminal charges and discuss your defense with an experienced criminal defense lawyer, call us today at (317) 886-8800 to schedule a free initial consultation.
A Lawyer’s Fee Covers Many Aspects of Your Defense
The cost of your defense not only will cover the lawyer’s time that is spent defending you against the state prosecution, but it also covers a lot more. To be effective, a skilled lawyer will engage the help of a professional support staff that will work together to craft a strong defense for your case.
While defending our clients, Hessler Law has sought the help of other lawyers and professionals when seeking to build the most effective defense to secure our client’s freedom. Of the many things that may be paid out of your defense lawyer’s fee, some would include:
- Paralegals who research the details of your case
- Private investigators hired to uncover information about the incident that resulted in your arrest
- Fees required by expert witnesses who testify on your behalf
- Costs of copying official documents and subpoenaing witnesses
- Travel expenses incurred in your defense
- Translator fees
A Low-Cost Legal Defense Might End Up Costing You More
It’s understandable to be concerned about your expenses if you are facing a criminal prosecution. Your income may be reduced, or you may be currently out of work. However, low-cost legal counsel often lacks the experience to satisfactorily resolve your case quickly and therefore, may end up costing you more in the long run. Even if a low-cost lawyer is competent and honest, they usually have to focus on many clients at once in order to earn enough to run their practice. If a defendant does not get sufficient attention from their attorney, their case can drag on and is more likely to end with a negative outcome.
It can be impossible to immediately determine the exact cost of your criminal defense, but the primary factors that will determine what your legal fees are:
- The complexity of your case – Each case is unique and will require your lawyer to thoroughly investigate your case and spend time in court on your behalf.
- The types of professionals needed to win your case – Your defense may require the help of an expert witness or a private investigator.
- The legal team’s travel demands – Winning your case may require your lawyer to travel long distances to court or to gather evidence.
A Criminal Defense Lawyer From Hessler Law Can Help You
It’s important to call your lawyer as soon as possible if you or a loved one have been detained and arrested on criminal charges. Hiring a skilled lawyer can not only help preserve your freedom, but it can save you money by quickly resolving your case and saving you money or any professional licenses that you may have.
Our team at Hessler Law have years of experience helping people in your situation, and we can help you defeat your criminal charges and move on with your life.